Following a vegan diet doesn’t have to be stressful. There is a misconception that a vegan diet mainly consists of salads and uninspiring bowls of vegetables. Opting for a vegan meal plan does not mean you need to sacrifice the things you loved before. You can still make all your old favourites by making simple swops and adjustments to the recipes.
We have put together a simple meal plan to create a guideline for some easy vegan meal ideas. No matter what kind of diet you follow, you’ve probably heard about the benefits of meal planning. It’s a great strategy that saves money, reduces waste, helps us stay healthy, and eliminates weeknight confusion around what the family’s meal will be.
If there are meals that don’t look great to you, that’s fine: just adapt the meals to feature your must-have foods instead of ours. Don’t let anything about the recipes stress you out; look at them instead as guidelines, which you can adjust as necessary, swopping in certain ingredients and omitting others, and coming up with your own variations to keep things interesting.
Hopefully, this knowledge will give you a solid framework for planning your vegan diet. We want you to feel confident that you understand how to replace animal products with alternatives and how to get the most out of a vegan diet.
Some tips on vegan meal planning before we jump in:
• Try to include vegetables in most of your meals, even if you hide them in sauces
• Eat a rainbow of colours and enjoy a wide variety of foods
• Choose higher fibre, less processed starches over refined options
• Add flavour to your foods through the use of herbs, spices, garlic, ginger, chilli etc.
• Manage your intake of salt and salty foods.
• Keep yourself well hydrated; aim to drink 1.5 to 3 litres of water or caffeine-free teas daily.
• Manage your portions and eat according to your appetite.
• Make use of our recipes to help you cook, prepare and implement the meal suggestions.
Our easy vegan meal plan:
Get the recipe sheets and full meal plan here (link to simple swaps meal plan)
5 Vegan meal ideas to get you started:
BUDDHA BOWL WITH CHICKEN-STYLE BURGERS & HUMMUS
CRISPY ASIAN CHICKEN-STYLE LETTUCE CUPS
FRY’S SCHNITZELS WITH CHEAT’S COCONUT CURRIED LENTILS AND AVOCADO SALSA